Thursday, July 4, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away!

Happy Fourth of July! I only wish it was not so wet. We had rain for the last two days and expect it for another three. Our plans to go to the beach (it is raining at the beach) have gone awry. It is no fun sailing in the rain. My girls are about to go stir crazy so we may make a mad dash down the the beach and hope it stops raining for an hour. My plans to have an outdoor meal to celebrate the 4th is out the door as well. We may still get fireworks if the weather improves a bit.

I do love sewing on rainy days though. Nothing takes away the rainy blues like a new project. Especially if the fabric is bright. My friend, Rene, found a cute, red blouse at Ross and purchased it for a low price. However, when she got it home she found a rip along the button placket. She tried to exchange it, but there were no more in her size. She brought it to me and asked if there was anyway to repair the rip and it was an easy fix.

The fabric is a sheer polyester. I used a piece of cut way stabilizer (organza would work as well) and placed it on wrong side of the seam. Using matching thread, I stitched the smallest width zig zag stitch close to the placket seam.

For repairing her shirt, she made me the best rack of baby back ribs for the Fourth! I love sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment