Monday, March 10, 2014

Bad weather and crazy days.

I'm still working on the leather bag. The last couple of weeks have been a blur. My bag is coming along. I did take it apart and cut new gusset pieces. Ripping out seams in leather is not fun or attractive. However, it had to be done and I am happy with result. The bag actually looks like a purse now. I restitched the seams as close as possible to the original. I know it is not perfect, but I will let the pictures say the rest. The next bag I believe will be better. What now is causing me some consternation is the lining fabric. Trying to figure out which color better suits the leather has been a little challenging. I at first thought that would be the easiest part of the whole process. Everything goes with leather right? I do not know. The tone of the leather and the texture seems to be at odds with the fabric for the lining. I guess I need to get out my fabric stash and see what will work. Another issue to consider as we'll is the hardware. A work in process indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment