Wednesday, March 12, 2014

You need It When!

I love watching project runway! Watching the talented designers create from scratch a designer look in what seems to be impossible timeline is exciting. My girls watch with me and we make it our Thursday night ritual.  They are four and three and you might ask why and how much do they watch? I never realized how much they do pay attention until last season when one of the designers was "out" and my oldest year started to cry. Mostly they watch to see the actual runway show. They like seeing the models or as they call them the "girls" in the pretty clothes.  I watch to see the design process and the fabric selection. Not to mention the fast pace of flat fabric to designer dress in just a couple of hours. Speed sewing at its finest. It got me thinking about those projects that I get asked to do as the last minutes. On Fridays  I will post of some of these crazy projects. I have to say after the project is complete, I must admit that the time squeeze adds to the excitement and pride in the completed project.

No comments:

Post a Comment